Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My life has been molded by my response to key events. Yours too? Some of us are bitter; often blaming parents or teachers or bosses. They are correct in saying their parents "screwed up." They will too if they accept the responsibility of children.

But what do we do the blunders happen? life and death issues; the tragedies that knock you in the gut without warning, as well as the longterm conditions- -maybe illness or handicap- -those situations which may change, but are not likely to get much better. Then what?

Originally I began this blog in response to my stress, sandwiched between parents and kids, none of whom wanted to need me. The fight for independence is unrelenting!
Reality includes aging bodies, mental decline, slower reflexes- -which denied can lead us to act out in silly or dangerous ways. Have you watched folks playing contact sports when a broken bone could easily mean being bed-ridden? Should we even mention driving a car in traffic?

Tragedy... CHANGE: Threats to our freedom to IMAGINE we can continue as we are.

God is real and personal. He cares. We want to enjoy what we know- -our comfort zone- -and fear the unknown if we move on and embrace the future. It helps me to know the God is with me and won't leave whether i'm the victim or the one acting out. So how do I respond to life's challenges? I can blame or retaliate. I can stand there staring at the void which once held dreams. I can become bitter, believing that everything is false, tricks, maybe even add a touch of hate. But God is there wanting me to be open to his presence. OPEN-MINDED...just believe it's possible.


True that! I think I'm discovering how to enjoy trips to ER, bathroom messes, and ... Life is the journey. NOT the destination. That interaction with people... even with jerks like ME! we have a lot to offer each other... even when we disagree. Because God is personal, all of these experiences are opportunities for us to connect with HIM- -Jesus relates to us through his Holy Spirit...

That can sound scarey, but god doesn't try to overpower us. often i wish he would! If God would control me, I wouldn't make these blunders. But he doesn't, so I do... Not only that but everyone around me blunders to their own purposes and we really get tangled up!

Is God wanting us to be perfect? TRY... well, no...He knows you never will be perfect. He's looking for the connect. just like we smile and beam when our kid tries to make Mother's day breakfast- -but really makes a MESS! God is looking at our heart- -not just our intention, but WHERE is our heart?

There is so much potential for interating with God... the creator of the whole universe! Jesus said that we can be ONE with God, connected and not at cross purposes. That's more than being one with NATURE... more than just a calm chai...

It's not OUR energy it' GOD we need to tap into to spiritually.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I will enjoy reading your blog...and will add you on my favorites.. I love reading others thoughts on life as it happens...so plse continue to express yourself...and then add me to your favorites so you can check me out from time to time..Joy Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post! Life as it happens is interesting to say the least. Yes! I like check out your buck eye notes. I think we talked about my husband Ray being from OH... graduated from Talmadge High... not sure if that's anywhere close to your roots. have a great weekend! Linda

    ReplyDelete